Arribatec Integra delivers ground-breaking ETK integration project for Port of London Authority
Specifically, Unit4 ERP asset management modules (Field Force) were integrated with market-leading service desk tool ServiceNow.
We’re delighted to announce our successful completion of a significant new integration project using the People Platform solution ‘Extension Tool Kit’ (ETK) for the Port of London Authority (PLA).
This project is the first UK integration of asset management modules using ETK – and allows PLA’s 400 plus users to raise asset management service requests seamlessly, ensuring business continuity for the UK’s largest port.
Specifically, Unit4 ERP asset management modules (Field Force) were integrated with market-leading service desk tool ServiceNow. PLA wanted ServiceNow (its main helpdesk/fault logging system) to be the only system its users could log into to raise faults and service requests. Previously, all of PLA’s asset management-related requests had to be manually keyed into Unit4 to enable the processing of service orders and notification of engineers. Manual updates then needed to be performed in ServiceNow once the ticket was received, allocated and completed.
The project has removed the need for the rekeying of data in either system. Now that integration between PLA’S ServiceNow helpdesk and Unit4 ERP Field Force is live, users log asset management incidents in their ServiceNow support system – and with the help of ETK, this is pushed over to Unit4 as a new service order in Field Force.
The ETK solution (graphic below)
- Unit4 ETK handles changes in ERP data being passed to ServiceNow (primary data about each asset, as stored in the asset master file in Unit4).
- Status updates/the addition of notes to a service order are pushed out to ServiceNow.
- Additional ‘event notification’ triggers create messages which are exposed and set to ETK.
- SOAP web service is utilized and called from ServiceNow to create new service orders in Unit4.
- Successful requests are returned to the service order number in the response, so it can be added to ServiceNow.
- ServiceNow tickets are linked back to Unit4 ERP and handled with a deep link using the ERP service order number.
- IntelAgents are provided, alerting teams when a new object class or type is created – and ensuring this is replicated in ServiceNow (this is to be fully integrated and automated as part of phase 2).
- Unit4 ETK manages all audit and error handling/notification requirements.
Mark Bloomer, Arribatec Integra CEO, said, “I am so proud that we have delivered significant benefits to one of our biggest clients, Port of London Authority, by developing a cutting-edge integration using the ‘Extension Tool Kit’.”
“What’s even more impressive is that a technically cutting-edge project has been delivered within budget. Knowledge transfer sessions are now underway between PLA and our service desk team to ensure the continued high-level of customer support.”
“This is another significant step in Arribatec’s commitment to delivering a ‘One Solution’ approach for integrated and scalable ERP systems. Arribatec’s One Solution approach empowers organizations by connecting people, processes, and systems.”
For a complete list of our Unit4 ERP services and solutions, please go to: https://www.arribatec.com/erp/
For more case studies, visit: www.integra-associates.com/case-studies.
Want to know more about how Arribatec can help with your cloud ERP? Get in touch!
Want to have a solid Unit4 partner on your team?
More news from Arribatec ^
ERP systems offer CXOs peace of mind that they have the tools to empower their businesses, avoiding and overcoming daily challenges.
Seven things to take into consideration to achieve a successful ERP implementation, and avoid project overruns and higher costs than budgeted for.