Why is ERP training important?
After investing a great deal of time and money in implementing your ERP solution, it is time to ensure that your employees understand how to best use it to make the most of that investment. By training your employees in your ERP system, you are setting your organisation for success as your employees will be better placed to do their job.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is one of the most used business models across many different industries and verticals. It is a before and after for many companies and its implementation has changed the way companies operate, and even more on today’s normality of remote working after Corona.
One of the main reasons for the failure of an ERP implementation is the lack of or insufficient training. An ERP implementation requires trained users. Users that can use the system and will not be pulling off resources from other teams (support, etc.) as well as are set with the ability to resolve problems that may arise.
After investing a great deal of time and money in implementing your ERP solution, now it is time to make sure that your employees understand how to best use it to make the most of that investment. By training your employees in your ERP system, you are setting your organisation for success as your employees will be better placed to do their job.
Benefits of ERP Training
- Employee productivity – knowing how to properly use the software will make your employees more efficient at their work. The more efficient people are, the faster they usually complete tasks, meaning that there is an overall increase in productivity.
- Risk management – reduce risks by minimising the human error component. The better trained your staff are, the more they understand the system and can have consistency on how tasks are completed within the company, resulting in fewer mistakes and more accuracy.
- Time-saving – whether it is online training or classroom-based learning, employees will have a better understanding of how to interact with your ERP solution. This will make them more efficient and will reduce the time that it takes to complete their tasks… in addition to “losing” time trying to figure out how the system works.
- Improvement in performance – training and development help staff acquire new skills and amplify their strengths. Spot shortcomings or weaknesses in the team and you can find the gaps where your employees will benefit from training.
- Employee satisfaction and empowerment – a company that invests in employees’ professional development tends to have more satisfied employees. Nonetheless, the training given to them must be relevant to their field. Employees are now requesting more and more industry-specific and useful tools training, like ERP systems.
Best time for training your employees
The best time will depend on the requirements of your company. Usually, ERP training happens when onboarding new employees that have never used the system before, when there is a change of responsibilities within the company and the people need to gain new skills or will use the system in a different way; or as we mentioned above, overcoming shortcomings and weaknesses by offering new skills to your staff.
What if your organisation has been using ERP software for years?
It is never too late to train your employees, even if they have been using your ERP solution for years. Training can help keep up with the new releases and updates as well as improve efficiency and accuracy. When it comes to utilising an ERP system, best practices can save your employees time and will have a direct impact on your bottom line.
From our training experience, we see that customers that invest in ERP training feel more confident in using the solution and this results in more satisfied end-users”, says Peter Stevens, Arribatec Training and Competence Manager. “Learning a new system as well as staying updated with the solution is essential, training your staff in your ERP solution will make sure your employees feel ready, excited and competent”.
Training and development programmes can have a great impact on how a company grows. Give your staff the tools that they need to succeed in their roles and get the maximum return on investment by investing in their training.
At Arribatec we have recently launched our Training Center, which specialises in ERP training. Our trainers have long experience as ERP consultants and have an engaging and participant-oriented approach to training.
Want to know more about Arribatec Training Center? Get in touch!
Want to have a solid Unit4 partner on your team?
More news from Arribatec ^
Nordbohus has carried out a comprehensive change from traditional IT distribution to SaaS where Arribatec was responsible for the implementation of Unit4 core modules.