Processing of Personal Data in Arribatec
Arribatec is made up of subsidiaries and other group companies, details of which can be found here in Appendix A. This General notice is issued on behalf of the Arribatec so when we mention “Arribatec”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this notice, we are referring to the relevant company or companies in Arribatec responsible for processing your data.
Arribatec is the “data controller” and is responsible for processing of the personal data. This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Arribatec collects and processes your personal data and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you, when you:
- visit our websites (regardless of where you visit is from), or
- while visiting our website e.g. fill in forms, subscribe to our newsletters and whitepapers, request marketing to be sent to you, ask us to contact you for other reasons, take part in a competition, promotion or survey, or give us some feedback or comment our content.
If you are employed by Arribatec, you will find information on how we use your personal information on the intranet.
If you are a customer, you will find more information about how we process personal information in our agreement with you, or by sending us an email at email@example.com or by contacting your customer manager.
The privacy notice includes the following:
- Collection of personal information and our legal basis
- Who gets access to the personal information?
- Your rights
- Deletion routines
- Securing personal information
1.1 Contact information
For questions about how we safeguard privacy, you can contact us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints about Arribatec’s processing of personal data can be directed to the Privacy Representative in Arribatec.
2. What personal information do we collect?
Personal information or Personal data, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We collect personal data that you provide in forms or data fields on our website, such as name, company, email address and telephone number. We do this to be able to contact you.
We process information about you when you send us an email directly or fill in the contact form when you contact us. We do this to be able to answer or contact you.
Inquiries you send directly via email or contact form are not sent encrypted. We therefore encourage you not to send confidential, sensitive or other confidential information via email or contact forms.
2.1 Information collected when you vist our website
When you visit our website, we collect information about your activity. The information that is collected is as follows:
- Information about which keywords you use to improve the information on our pages.
- Information about browser, operating system and IP address. The information is used to customize Arribatec’s website so that you get the best possible user experience.
- Which pages on Arribatec’s website (including getcertify.com) the IP address visits and the duration of the visit.
- Possibly which link you came from when you visited Arribatec’s websites.
- What was clicked on during the visit and any files that were downloaded.
- Information obtained from other sources.
- Information from publicly available sources.
- Information that you have made available on digital networking and recruitment platforms such as LinkedIn or HR Manager.
- Information obtained internally from employees when you are recommended for a position in Arribatec.
We do this to ensure good recruitment processes. Arribatec will also receive information about you if an employee has indicated you as a next of kin. We do this to be able to contact your relatives if something should happen to you. We process personal information about you if a jobseeker with us has provided you with a reference.
3. Collection of personal information and OUR legal basis
When you contact us to to sign up for or receive invitations to events, webinars or subscribe to newsletters, we process your personal information to respond to your request or provide services you wish to receive. The basis for this treatment is consent. The information we process is deleted when you unsubscribe from the newsletter or do not wish to receive our services.
When you have been in contact with Human Resources in connection with recruitment or a position with us, we process information because it is necessary to fulfil the employment contract or to implement measures to enter into an employment contract.
After a recruitment process that ended without an offer of employment, we can store personal information that is necessary to justify the refusal for up to two years. The basis for this treatment is Arribatec’s legitimate interest as a consulting and service company.
We use personal information about your activities and technical data on our websites to limit misuse of the service. Abuse includes, among other things, attempted fraud, spam, attempts to log in to other people’s user accounts, incitement and harassment, and other actions that are prohibited under the national law. The legal basis for processing personal data for this purpose is a legitimate interest.
4. who gets access to the personal INFORMATION?
When you contact us, a limited number of Arribatec’s employees will have access to your personal information. Only those employees who need to see the information to respond to the inquiry, or to provide the requested service, will have access to your information. The same applies in hiring processes.
We may give our suppliers access to your personal information when they perform services on our behalf in accordance with the agreement. As far as possible, the information will be provided in anonymous form, but for some purposes it may be necessary for the recipient to receive information that makes it possible to identify you. Our suppliers are subject to a duty of confidentiality and may not use the information other than in the performance of the service for us. These suppliers among other things provide services to develop, operate and maintain our customer database, system for sending invitations and surveys and system for sending newsletters, respectively.
If there is a suspicion that an offense has been committed in connection with the use of our services, the personal information may be disclosed to public authorities. We will also be able to provide information to others, if necessary, to prevent fraud.
5. Your rights
You can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. You have the right to a response from us within 30 days.
Complaints about our processing of personal data can be sent to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority. You have the right to request:
- Access to information about you
- You have the right to access the personal data we process about you.
- Correction of incomplete or incorrect information
- You may request that incorrect or incomplete information be corrected or supplemented.
You can demand that Arribatec delete information about you when:
- You withdraw your consent and we have no other legal basis for the processing.
- The treatment is illegal.
- You have protested against a processing and we have no justifiable reason to continue the processing.
- Restriction of the processing of personal data
- You can demand that we limit the processing of information about you in the following cases:
o When you demand correction of information because you believe the information is incorrect. The requirement applies as long as we check that the information is correct.
o Once you have objected to our use of information and we will review and evaluate the claim.
You can also demand that we limit the use of information about you for storage if they should otherwise be deleted. When the processing of the information about you is limited, we will not use it without your consent. This does not apply if we need them in connection with a legal claim or because we are required to do so by law. We inform you before a restriction is lifted
5.2 Protest against the processing
You can protest against our use of information about you when the basis for the treatment is Arribatec’s own interest as a company.
5.3 Data portability
When our processing is based on a contract or consent, you can demand to receive information you have given us in machine-readable format. The information can be transferred to another data controller if it can be done in a secure way.
6. Deletion routines
Personal information is not stored longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose or as long as it is required by law and regulations.
Personal information that you provide to use our services is not shared with others and is deleted when you cancel a subscription or otherwise withdraw your consent. You can at any time ask us to delete information related to you as a user, unless the information is necessary to be able to provide a service you still want to have access to (for example, a newsletter subscription), or it is required by law to store the information .
When we use your personal information based on your consent, you can revoke your consent at any time. When you receive services you subscribe to, you can easily do this by choosing to unsubscribe.
7. Securing personal information
Arribatec conducts risk assessments and tests of technical systems and physical procedures to ensure information security and routines for verifying access and correction requests. All employees in Arribatec have a duty of confidentiality and training in privacy and information security.