Do you have control over your projects?
In our dialogue with customers and employees at project- and research driven companies we often hear about “pains” and “issues” like,
- Financial reporting related to projects – and especially “research projects”, might be both complex and time-consuming, but is of course very important to have control.
- The project manager don’t know how much money is still left for the project?
- The project manager and financial management spend a lot of time to get the exact revenues and expenses for the different projects?
- The figures from the key projects does not correspond with the figures in the financial accounts
- There are no “estimate to complete” overview and nice status-reports to show your external funding sources?
- Both auditors and “public bodies” want to have their monthly or quarterly reports on research projects – compared to agreed frameworks and appropriations.
- The same applies to “EU projects”, where the financial managers have to follow their strict requirements for formal reporting.
- Registration of spent hours/days in the project are important to have the right project status. But the researchers and project resources does not find the time-entry system user-friendly?
In our customer dialogue we hear a lot about these “pains” at major institutes and research companies. The project- and financial managers do the reporting with extensive use of “Excel”, together with some data from the accounting system. Often the financial management express long evenings with a lot of frustration – and limited thrust in the project figures. From the employees and reseachers we often hear the time registration is unfortunately perceived as “cumbersome” by many users.
Based upon these pains and issues we at Arribatec have developed the “best of breed” product «InstiPro» for project- and research driven companies. We have further upgraded the technical platform – and developed new and extended functionality into InstiPro. Further we have developed new and innovative integrations to/from InstiPro. We are proud of the third version of our “best og breed product”, “InstiPro3”. Further we have closely integrated InstiPro3 with UBW Finance. In that way we have developed a complete ERP-solution for the project driven companies and their industry.
Project management with InstiPro3 may handle “your pains” – and give you the following benefits.
- The project manager might ask and report on costs incurred per. day/month/ year versus project budget.
- Further, you might continue the query on total costs compared to appropriations and find remaining amounts
- The timekeeping in InstiPro3 is simple and intuitive for researchers and project economists
- Control of timekeeping, including updating of flexi-time, holidays, overtime, overtime and various use of calendars.
- The timekeeping retrieves various internal prices, pro person, pro project and pro customer.
- Hours charged to one project are visible on the project immediately
- Synchronized accounting and scheduling rules on different project types
- Several possibilities for grouping different project types with different treatment
- Ongoing reporting on projects in accordance with several customers and sources of funding per. project
- Complete overview of the projects in relation to agreed frameworks and allocations from different sources
- Project and financial accounts are automatically synchronized at all levels
- Intuitive and very user-friendly interface with extensive use of “drill-down”
- The system takes care of reorganisation of people and projects with departmental flexibility
- Role-based and automatic access control
- Users can choose between Norwegian or English language
Below is a sketch of the integration at the overall level regarding the data exchange between the two systems.
InstiPro3 is the owner of the «Project register» and in InstiPro3 all information related to the company’s projects is registered and handled.
Below is a screenshot from InstiPro3 related to the key question, “what is left of money in my project compared to the approved limits?”
As you can see, the screen contains flexible query and reporting options to follow-up accrued costs and income for different periods versus budget per. months / quarter / year and so far in the project. The screen also shows several other options for querying and reporting important project data.
Implementation of digital business solutions. Challenge us now!
Challenge us and we will challenge you to take the right next steps in digitalizing your company.